Now that the excitement of our shipping container leaving is over and with just 2 days left before my husband finishes up work….my attention has turned to the boring task of sorting through our paperwork. I’m trying to get through the final few tedious bits of sorting and organizing before we start our 5 weeks of family fun time with our girls…before the real work begins when we touch down in Perth and set up house.
So yes paperwork yet again….just when you think you are finished with all of the documentation that comes with applying for an Australian visa, you then need to sort out what documents you will need upon arrival into Australia for opening bank accounts, applying for Medicare cards, buying a car, negotiating phone contracts etc…. And so here’s a list of the documents we have filed into two concertina folders that will accompany us on our flight to Perth….
- Bank Statements – both UK and Australian
- Medicare forms (already filled in)
- Tax file numbers (we have these from our previous employment in Sydney)
- Travel Documents (Flight, Accommodation, Car Hire)
- Visa Grant Documents
- Driving Licenses
- Shipping Information
- Passport Copies & Birth Certificates
- References – both work and rental
- Student Loans
- Utility Bills
- Tax Documents
- Payslips – last 12 months
- Work References
- My baby scan and other sentimental family photos
- Degree Certificates
- Proof of UK Address documents
Before our flight in October we will scan all the above documents onto Matt’s parents’ computer so that if we lose anything during our move then we can receive a quick copy with ease. Yes I’m that organized!